My CrecePelo Treatment Review



Bringing you another review of possibly the most raved about Dominican deep treatment/deep conditioner. If you still haven’t heard of this deep conditioner then it’s possible you’re not on the YouTube spectrum of the Natural Hair community.  A few of my favorite bloggers have raved about this product and its claims to actually grow hair. So I decided to get it for myself to see what the hype was all about.

Claims
Crece Pelo in literal terms means “grow hair” and on the tub it states that’s it’s a first of its kind natural phitoterapeutic treatment involving the use of natural plants for hair growth. Also claims to return vitality, flexibility and softness to the hair.


Pros based on my experience
-      Super thick consistency, makes this a great base for DIY deep conditioners
-      You get a bang for your buck meaning you get a lot of uses out of this (454 gram) tub. I’ve used it 5 times already with one more use to go.
-      Pairs well with other natural ingredients to create a fantastic deep conditioner.

Cons based on my experience
-      Has a strong perfumy scent so if you’re not big on strong smells you may want to add an essential oil of choice to tone it down a notch.
-      Straight out of the tub it doesn’t quite melt tangles away and maybe because my hair is low porosity.
-      Doesn’t have as much slip as I’d like it to have standalone.
-      Begins to dry the hair out if left in for too long.

I would recommend it for predominantly type 3 and above naturals or naturals with high porosity. As a type 4 natural it does a good job for me but I think it’s more geared towards those with a looser pattern. It’s a great base product. Will I purchase it again? Possibly.

What are your thoughts on this deep conditioner? Would you try? Let me know. I have the plug here in Nigeria if you decide on getting it so hit me up.

Thanks for reading
DAISY EMENIKE XX


Comments