MET Gala 2014 Favourites


Hey guys! Luckily, the buzz of this extraordinarily star studded event is still on, and I decided to drop a quick one here! I'll be sharing my top 4 fave dresses of the event with you.

Disclaimer - this is highly detailed, be ready :D

Surprisingly this event had a theme that I'm pretty sure most people knew about while some, not quite. The Charles James theme, (do a quick search) trust me I know you're probably like what or who is a Charles James anyway? -_- 

To tell the truth I had no idea either, did my research anyway and came to the conclusion that he was a designer, not necessarily a household name right? Thought so...

This post isn't about Charles James per say but I'd like to give a summary of my interpretation of a 
Charles James Gown: 
A sculpted ball gown made of exotic fabric that accentuates a woman's figure perfectly without concealing it, which usually has a train no matter how brief. Okay I'm done, PICTURES!

In no particular order..

Hold up! We saw Lupita didn't we? 
Prada Net dress ( some meanies called it a fish net ) wow I must say I'm shocked, I kind of get what she was trying to achieve but I guess you must have at least one fashion mishap in your life. She has succeeded in passing on her best dressed mantle to someone else, because this did not do it for me, or most people I should say, I'm hoping this is a momentary thing and she  recovers from this. 
Still a beautiful woman with her million dollar smile. :D

On to the faves! 
These women looked undeniably wonderful.

1)


Rihanna pulled of this breathtakingly beautiful two piece by Stella McCartney effortlessly! I don't think you got that, let me state it again, effortlessly! She made me proud with this one as she does almost 100% of the time with her killer fashion sense #RiriNavy!! 
Showing off the right amount of skin and keeping it classy. I love how her makeup didn't overshadow the ensemble, subtle with a touch of glam! Her up-do framed her face beautifully!  

2)


 
Everything about Jannelle Monae's look screams regal! My goodness! This is so me to be honest...Oh and boy am I happy to see her with a twist to her appearance. I mean we all know her uniform is black and white. No really, there's a post describing why she wears black and white, I could drop a link. Where were we? Right, this blood red Tadashi Shoj  patterned cape  ( not sure if embroidered or nah, seems like lace sewn over another fabric ) gives me so much life! She looks like the queen that she is.

3)

You know what? Emma Stone looks so yummy in this Thakoon two piece! She's also serving some midriff action like Rih! This made quite an appearance on the Red Carpet I must say. These two shades look unbelievably amazing  together, she looks like a Girly grown woman lol, Again! Subtle makeup so that outfit can do the talking! Sweet! 


4)Queen Beyoncé clad in tastefully beaded work of art by Givenchy. Glowing as usual! love her bold lip and earrings. I will have to say it's a bit too sheer for the theme, remember the Charles James Theme? Okay, it had the capability of being a killer outfit, in actual fact it is a killer outfit but, if only the inner fabric were slightly longer, I still love it.

So much greatness in this picture! They remain my faves xo! 

Later guys!! 

Comments

  1. Chidinma EmenikeMay 8, 2014 at 4:22 AM

    You are a good blogger!!!! ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment