The Hidden Treasures of China: Wuyi Trip

Hey guys! It's been quite a while you know?! I've been up to a lot lately, traveling and really just being Daisy The Explorer.

Truth is...This is a looooong! overdue post and I should have put this out a long time ago, okay not a long time ago but compared to my pace, this is overdue. Really seated here wondering why I haven't all this while. 


This is a Personal Story, emphasis on story because it is long, and I know you want to know what happened at the end because we Nigerians love Amebo.

This Princess set out to go to Wuyi to climb a mountain and end the day with a hot spring and spa treat before returning to Ningbo. 

On getting to Wuyi after ridiculously numerous stops ( should have gone with a Chinese classmate to be honest ) on what should have been a three hour journey, we realized it took us ( my friends and myself, I obviously didn't go alone guys ) seven good hours! Seven

Okay, these things happen right? Sure. During the course of this super lengthy journey we didn't for a moment stop to ask when the last bus to Ningbo was leaving, so we enquired and guess what?  It was to leave thirty minutes to an hour upon our arrival.

Truuuusstt me! The Igbo Girl in me was revealed! With sudden shouts of 'Chineke' and 'Ewoooo' that was enough to throw anybody into a state of panic. What am I driving at? My dear people I wasn't going back to Ningbo that evening, with no change of clothes, no idea where I would sleep that night, neither did I know what I would eat (picky eater), this wasn't exactly a big city and (no scratch that, it was not a city) we weren't even sure if they had an ATM...you know the drill now.

I mean the deed had already been done so the only consolation was the spa and hot spring which I had heard so much about, after which everything else would fall into place. So we proceeded to the front desk, the staff were friendly, so that lightened my mood a bit, we engaged in small talk and the first thing we wanted to do was head to the spa. 

You know the funny thing? There was no spa. Straight face emoji say what? There was no spa. Loool I burst out laughing partly because it was funny + a mix of other emotions. We started interrogating them, no literally...we interrogated them, what came out of the whole thing was 'A lot of things are not in place' seriously? I came all the way to hear this? Jesus is alive.

Looking forward to the Hot spring then, we the girls couldn't go in, ahn ahn? Sure you can tell I was irritated at that point, tempers were flared and all I wanted to do was eat, shower, go on social media then go to bed. What went through my mind was 'I came here to climb mountain' you see...the issue wasn't coming all the way for the mountain climbing per say but the fact that we were far from prepared for all that was happening.

We resigned to fate and finally got cozy rooms and pajamas, didn't take pictures because I was plain upset. Was ready for the Internet and then no wifi in the rooms, could the day get any worse? Lol anyway at that moment we had calmed down and we had ourselves to talk to, shortly after we slept off, at least I did.

Morning came and we woke up in high spirits, we were indeed looking forward to the mountain climbing, showered, had Chinese breakfast and set out.








10,000 RMB for the smallest chair and there were about 10, I'm not even joking. Of course I made sure I sat on one of them.




It was much more beautiful! Tried my best to replicate what I saw for y'all's sake.









The freshest and clearest of waters! I was truly amazed. 



Lol I did want to jump in though *side eye*








Still climbing! There were some gravity defyingly steep steps, wasn't even able to take pictures because I didn't want to fall down while doing Omoge photographer.



If you were wondering the name of the mountain, read this fascinating story. 



Pinnacle sighted! 

It was real! We were worn out already but we kept going.


We met these nice guys and took a couple pictures with them...can't remember if they could or couldn't speak English, but with the little knowledge of Chinese I have, we were able to have a convo.

Scary.com, we froze for a bit and weren't sure we would go through with it. Doesn't look that long so what were we scared of? 

This! This is what we were scared of. Can you see how long that bridge is? 


Together we made it🎶 

We almost got to the top, we were so close! But I started wheezing and frankly speaking was in so much pain, so I said to myself and then to my friends this far I'll go and no further. I was proud of myself nonetheless, the whole adventure lasted two hours and some minutes. It was time to go home for me.

This was a lot to put together wasn't it? Hope you enjoyed this guys, take care! xx
































Comments