Natural Hair Community: Youtube Outrage on the Curly Nikki Post

I'm not about to put down details on the Curly Nikki post because it's not as recent as a newborn, if you haven't heard about it, it's relatively easy to find. I had watched tons of videos on this topic and agreed with majority of them. So I decided to chime in you know, donate my own 2cents. Initially i had no plans of putting word out there concerning this because frankly speaking it is too much drama and it does not look like it will die a natural death. Jouelzy a well known (no matter how hard people try to deny) youtuber put out content recently, hit the nail on the head and buried the coffin. This sparked up something I had tried so hard to hold back.

The Natural Hair community was created for black women point blank. It has absolutely nothing to do with segregation, it is for us and for us alone. It was created for women that had a hard time accepting their God given hair in its true form without altering it with the use of chemicals and what not, there is Natural Hair and there is Natural hair and they sure do not mean the same thing. From time a particular standard of beauty was imposed on us and we grew with that. We have always had to accommodate other people's feelings, thoughts and opinions while neglecting ours or even giving it a chance to breathe and see the light of day, this community was created to bring us out of the pit of ignorance we were forced into, it was created to open our eyes to the beauty, versatility and uniqueness of our hair, sorry did you get that? Uniqueness I say again. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. This community is sacred, the joy peace and feeling of fulfillment of being part of this can never be bought  with money, here is a classical case of 'money can not buy everything'.

Nothing is ever exclusive to us, not because we do not try but because a particular group of people always want to partake of every thing and adulterate and make things an all comers affair, Oh we have tried! somehow they get into the centre and try to dominate, they always want to dominate! and to a certain degree they win. Now we try to show the world that we can stand up for our hair that was insulted and show them how beautiful it is with it being exclusive to us, and they want to join in like become part and parcel of it...what? I have no problem with being a supporter and encouraging us you can only join in as a supporter and that's where it ends. But do not think of trying to tell us how to run our business because I will not be ushering you in or even put a welcome mat at that door.
 
For once I will not let you have your way because I have chosen to stand up for myself and I am tired of taking the backseat. For once you will let me have this because I say so, and if you feel like I am being selfish then that's your cup of tea. For once I will not try to accommodate your desires to override me because I am confident. For once I will tell you up front that you damn well can't sit with us. Go plant your seeds elsewhere, this is our territory.

Comments