Finger Detangling


Woke up this morning and my hair felt crustillicious aka dry and tangled! I said to myself that I would Co-wash but on second thought I decided not to because I’m trying to stretch my wash days as much as I can plus I wasn’t feeling too well…I’m addicted to washing my hair (•_• ) I finally settled for mid week detangling…I only detangle once a week but it was much needed. Was going to pull out my wide tooth comb/ tangle teezer and spray bottle but on second thought I dropped the tools and was armed with just the spray bottle, I ran out of my leave-in and basically my products and it’s not easy to get them here in China simply because there are no natural hair products on the market. Second option is ordering online, some of the much needed products don’t even ship here… -_- Story for another day.
I brought out my ‘Shea butter Body and Hair Mix’…made it myself by the way. 
Steps

1 - Gave my scalp a good massage, sectioned my hair and sprayed some water on the first section.

2 - applied some of the mix and began to smooth down the hair shaft, always remember small sections are key.

3 - When I had achieved the desired smoothness I began to run my fingers through, starting with my thumb, pulling the tangles apart gently…and smoothing after every thumb movement, in no time I was done with the section and was able to run my fingers through like a comb! I twisted it up and moved to the next.

 The water in the spray bottle served as my moisturizer and the mix was the sealant, moisturizing and sealing is key to a perfect natural hairstyle + it should be incorporated into your healthy hair regimen. 

The mix gave my hair good definition + shine + softness. However, it is highly recommended that you’re patient with this because finger detangling is time consuming and you don’t want to rip your hair off your scalp lol on the flip side it reduces the amount of shed hairs so that’s good.

Also remember that you don’t have to do this, it’s not for everybody, I personally won’t finger detangle every time because ain’t nobody got time! 
Try it out, tell me what you think, Bless x



Comments

  1. I actually prefer to finger detangle more often than using a comb, long tin but satisfying results. What's in your Shea butter mix?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment