What's in my Shea Butter Mix?

Hey lovelies! How's it going? It's midweek already! We can't wait for Friday right? Lol hang in there, the week will be over before you know it.

A couple of people have enquired about the contents of my mix and I decided to let you all know, share my secret with you, I do this for y'all anyway.

I use this on my hair and body, head to toe really. It's basically torture trying to use raw shea butter unless it's softened or melted and I thought to myself, why not mix in a few things to make the application easier + added nutrients and benefits.

As you may or may not know, Shea butter comes from the nut of the shea tree and it has mark fading properties, aids in softening and smoothing rough skin, especially cracked heels -_- (y'all with those heels need a pedicure though) It locks moisture into the skin and hair, gives great shine as well, so after a bath you can use this and expect super moisturized skin through the day, who doesn't want soft moisturized skin? not me.

For the 'Shea Butter Body and Hair Mix' you will want to make sure you get genuine shea butter, not the refined kind, the manufactures of refined shea butter just help you deodorize and remove the nutrients. I mean that's a plus for those who can't stand the fragrance of shea butter then again it's a disadvantage to everyone because the nutrients are discarded. I don't mind in fact I like the earthy scent it gives off because my mum made my siblings and I get used to it way back! I want the nutrients so it's raw and unrefined shea butter for me.

Tip : so if you do decide to get the raw shea butter you'll find out that it's in chunks, rock solid almost, with a cream leaning towards yellow color and a grey undertone.
at first mine was in chunks so if you're wondering where the chunks went, I tried my best to smooth them out with a spoon.

Olive oil - 2 tsp
Coconut oil - 2 tsp
An essential oil of choice, mine happens to be Lavender. - 3 drops 

These measurements are according to the quantity of shea butter you start off with. 

Whisk...(lol actually a spoon) manually or with an electric whisk, with the electric whisk you'll get a fluffier consistency and double the quantity.

It really does give you a healthy glow, but don't forget to eat your fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water so the glow comes from the inside and the mix just enhances.

Hope you found this pretty informative loves, until next time keep glowing and God bless x




Comments

  1. Hey what products do u use on ur natural hair to make them curl. Or how do u make them curl rather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I use a number of things for curl definition, ranging from conditioner, to leave ins and hair butters with an amount of hold.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment