My First Flat Twist Success



As I write this, I'm in the process of deep conditioning my hair with my homemade deep conditioner and hoping that the rest of wash day down to styling and the results turn out superb. 

I had spent a full week plus without washing my hair, shampooing actually. I did I shady Cowash mid week. My scalp had started to itch and hurt, and I tried To stretch wash day as much as I could. I might just incorporate shampoo regularly.

Thing is, the more you stretch it, the more the buildup increases and the more shed hair you'll have to deal with while detangling. Prior to deep conditioning I did a prepoo for about 45 mins.

Olive oil from root to ends massaged and covered with a plastic cap, after which I rinsed it out and proceeded to shampoo, I did every one of 4 sections twice, because the way my scalp itched and just made me uncomfortable wasn't worth reminiscing. 

Rinsed out the shampoo and applied and and smoothed conditioner all through and tried detangling with a comb, of course shed hairs began to escape, went over the sections twice, detangled and then rinsed out the conditioner before deep conditioning.

Experienced The best curl clumping till date with my homemade deep conditioner. Did light finger detangling and twisted them up under a plastic cap for an hour thirty. 

Out of the shower now with my hair in two sections clipped away, I dry off my body and give my face the usual TLC, after which I use one of my cotton Tshirts that have seen better days ( the best to sleep in, don't judge me )  to squeeze out most of the water.

I take out the first clip, take out the second, and my hair is so fluffy and clean, shake it out and then attempt to bun but not actually bun the hair and the hair, my hair lays so flat against my scalp :o

That's when I know maximum hydration has been achieved! The curls are still visible without any product, I run my fingers through and they actually glide! So giddy with excitement! 

I begin to wonder what I did differently with my mix and it struck me! Yes! That thing you added!! Look at your hair! I begin to create the parts for the flat twists....

With my fingers! Fingers! No stumbling block in form of knots and tangles! Super soft hair that did nothing but glide through my fingers as I did the L.O.C method and started the first flat twist through to the last! It didn't even dry out halfway into the twisting ( not like they were that many ) No pain, just shine, fluffiness, and softness! 

Seated waiting for the hair to Airdry a bit while hoping and praying that the twists turn out good because I don't like twisting my hair! or doing too much to it. I'm too much of a tender head!
I'm so dependent on puffs -_- lol I feel like it's cheating but hey! It's fast and easy plus always leaves me looking good.

I haven't even done bantu knots on my hair as a full natural 😰 yes! And it's 4+ months in! That's how serious it is.
Fast forward to the twists takedown with the clock ticking away and time running out faster than it should -_- I quickly unravel with my oil coated finger tips and some sections of my hair aren't fully dry, at this point they are approximately 80% dry.

And I think to myself that maybe I should have just skipped tying the scarf stage the night before and laid it on my pillow being that I don't have a satin pillowcase. I take it as one of those things and keep unraveling as quickly as my fingers can go and then I pick with a comb and head out the door for my lecture. 

Hours later and this hair has remained as soft! with lots of movement, shine and definition. Whipping my hair atm and praying I don't have a concussion. I don't know what second day hair would look like but I'll do the banding method to stretch it.  

Overall I loved the outcome and next time  
I'll let it dry completely. Other than that, this princess is happy! and that's all that matters. 


Thanks for reading guys, until next time, Take care and God bless. 
                                             Daisy x 

Comments

  1. I think we have very similar hair textures and would love to know ALL the products you used step by step. Please and thank youu xx your hair is so beautiful btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long has it been since you started transitioning ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am 100 percent natural. However I transitioned for a year and 4 months. This is my 5th month as a full natural.

      Delete
  3. Sorry what was the thing you did differently to achieve max hydration ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My definition of max hydration for my own hair is different from the mainstream idea behind 'max hydration' I use a deep conditioner I make by myself, through trial and error I have discovered what works

      Delete
  4. Hi, do you recommend transitioning or the Big chop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It's a thing of choice, one is easier than the other, I didn't want to rock a super short cut because I felt it was too much for me. So I transitioned, it was more tasking but I'm glad and did and sometimes wish I did for longer. If you have no problem with donning a short style go for the big chop, if you still want to bask in the glory of your length, transition..have a nice day x

      Delete

Post a Comment