Vaseline To The Rescue!



My dad had just returned from Nigeria and we (my siblings and I) were sorting out his luggage. He asked me if I wanted Vaseline...now back home if anybody asks you 'do you want Vaseline?' You'd look at them like

 
pardon? •_•

Being that I hadn't seen it in a while and I longed for it during my first winter here which was all types of horrible :/ I said 'yes please' and took it! I liked the new super attractive look of it and how handy it looked! 

But! at that point in time I wasn't gonna use it, because it was summer and I wasn't about to slather any petroleum based nothing on any part of my body.

As a matter of fact I didn't use it until about a week ago. Two three weeks back I decided to drink super hot tea like my mum (I don't understand how she does this) and scalded my lips. 

I mean, at that point in time I obviously felt the burn from the hot liquid all over my lips but the feeling soon disappeared. And I didn't feel the need to take necessary actions like (rubbing an icecube and all) 

Unknown to me, my baby lips were scalded. I didn't realize until 3 days after when I woke up with dark patches on both lips and I freaked out. Only to remember, wait, you burnt your lips with that tea. 

The weather had become extremely drying and I began to feel uncomfortable so I started using my eos lip balm in excess and...it only exacerbated the situation. 

I dropped that and used coconut oil, it might have worked slightly because it was more conditioning than the lip balm but it ended there. 

So I came across the Vaseline and said, oh well, might as well. And it had more conditioning properties than the coconut oil plus it's gradually fading the marks! Obviously excited! I use it religiously on my lips and my hands and feet sometimes.

So! It's old faithful for these frosty months! Makes me feel like putting it in my hair 
*dodges shoe* 

Petrolatum isn't the devil but that's a story for another day, take care my lovelies, God bless x 

Comments

Post a Comment