10 Things I will not be doing to my hair in 2018


1) Fighting shrinkage
There's really no point, shrinkage definitely  means healthy hair so I won't be going out of my way to fight it.

2) Rocking boring hairstyles 
I intend to be more adventurous with my styles this year.

3) Skipping my weekly/bi monthly deep conditioning 
Nothing good ever came from skipping deep conditioning so I've learnt my lesson. 

4) Skipping my much needed trims
Nothing good ever came from skipping trims especially with wanting to hang onto a few inches that had to chopped off anyway.


5) Sleeping without my bonnet/pillowcase 
No more living life on the edge when it comes to protection. No matter how tired, I must throw on a bonnet at least. 

6) Neglecting my scalp's health 
Often times you see people focusing on their hair shaft and not so much their scalps. A healthy scalp means healthy hair so I'll be making extra effort to cleanse, oil, massage. 

7) Neglecting my edges 
I tend to lose my edges a bit when I'm stressed, same way some people gain weight. We're all different. Avoiding stress as much as possible is an aim of mine, in turn my edges will flourish. Not forgetting religious oiling and silk scarf thing. 


8) Obsessing over length 
Black Hair grows, African Hair grows, Thpe 4 hair grows, I've been able to prove that. I will no longer fuss over length but strive to have healthy hair while having the most fun with it. 


10) Buying any new products until I clear out my stash 
So, I don't intend to buy any new products until I've cleared out most of my stash, really. 

Thanks for reading! Comment yours below x

Comments